We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese and ground red pepper zap this creamed corn recipe with unexpected flair.
What You'll Need
- 4 (10-ounce) packages frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to Broil. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave butter in a microwave-safe dish at HIGH 45 to 50 seconds or until melted. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Stir into corn mixture; remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Pour mixture into an ungreased 7-inch by 11-inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts.