The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Easy Chilies Rellenos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 18 Min
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
With this Easy Chilies Rellenos dish, you'll get all the classic flavors of Chilies Rellenos without all the fuss. Now, how's that for a simply great-or great, simple-meal?!
What You'll Need
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 (2-1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Layer one-third each of green chilies, cheese, and olives in a greased 7-inch by 11-inch baking dish. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine eggs and remaining 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; pour over cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into squares to serve.
Chilies Rellenos, pronounced CHEE-lehs rreh-YEH-nohs, translates to 'stuffed peppers' that are dipped in an egg batter and fried. We've made things simpler with this dish by layering chilies, cheese, and olives, and pouring an egg batter over the top.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.