Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This colorful vegetable medley makes a side dish as beautiful as it is tasty. Serve Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes with your meat or fish and see what the guests think!
What You'll Need
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into half-moons
- 2 cups light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, place sweet potato sticks, onions, brown sugar, lemon juice, and sherry cooking wine; toss gently.
- Bake 25 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven and add green beans, ground cloves, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss lightly.
- Return baking dish to oven and cook 10 additional minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Holland House.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe is a copycat version of a popular candy bar that's full of crispy, peanut buttery goodness. Our Whatdoyoucallem Bars deliver that same combination of ooey-gooey, chocolate, and peanut butter yumminess that you love, in a homemade form!