Green Beans with Roquefort Cheese and Walnuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one of those easy side dish recipes we like to pull out when we're really trying to impress company... like when the in-laws come to visit! Our Green Beans with Roquefort Cheese and Walnuts is a sophisticated twist on your usual green bean recipe. Roquefort cheese is a sheep milk blue cheese from the south of France, and when aged properly, it has a distinctive flavor that'll really "wow" your guests.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 thick bacon slices, cut into -inch pieces
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- Add water to a large saucepan to a depth of 1 inch; set a large vegetable steamer in pan. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add green beans to steamer. Steam green beans, covered, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water, and drain. Set aside.
- Cook bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Saut green beans in hot drippings in skillet 2 minutes or until heated. Sprinkle with cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds or just until cheese begins to melt. Sprinkle evenly with walnuts, salt, pepper, and bacon; serve immediately.
Toast walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often. Use your sense of smell to judge when they're roasted, and watch them closely-the smaller the pieces, the more quickly they cook.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 477
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42g 65 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 33 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 981mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g 19 %
- Sugars 4.4g 0 %