Fool 'Em Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For those of you who love mashed potatoes on your Thanksgiving table, but also care about your carbs, try our Fool 'Em Mashed Potatoes! The secret ingredient? Cauliflower! Sure, it's made with frozen cauliflower, but this recipe is so creamy and buttery that your guests will never know the difference. You won't be able to get enough, and that's perfectly fine since this is a healthier option everyone will love.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets (See tip) (about 14 ounces)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes. Add cauliflower, return to a boil, and cook 10 more minutes or until fork-tender. Drain potatoes and cauliflower really well and return to pot.
- Add butter, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve piping hot.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip:
- If you would rather use frozen cauliflower rather than fresh, go ahead and use a 14-ouce package. No need to cook it, simply thaw, drain them well and add to the potatoes after they are mashed. How easy is that!
- For more cauliflower recipes try our Cauliflower & Cheddar Pancakes, our Cauliflower & Broccoli Salad, or our Cauliflower Bake.
- Want another recipe that will surprise everyone? Try our "Fool'em" Black Bean Brownies!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.