Cracker Onion Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Half dip, half side dish, our Cracker Onion Pie is a favorite no matter how you serve it! With a crispy cracker crust, and a cheesy onion filling, you can bet that this pie won't be left untouched!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup melted butter. Press into bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in remaining 1/4 cup butter 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Carefully pour onion mixture into crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well beaten; slowly pour over onions. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and center is set. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
Check This Out!
- We like to use Vidalia onions in this pie for an unbeatable sweet onion flavor!