Cracker Onion Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Half dip, half side dish, our Cracker Onion Pie is a favorite no matter how you serve it! With a crispy cracker crust, and a cheesy onion filling, you can bet that this pie won't be left untouched!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine crushed crackers and 1/3 cup melted butter. Press into bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate, forming a crust.
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, saute onions in remaining 1/3 cup butter 12 to 15 minutes, or until onions are tender. Carefully pour onion mixture into crust.
In a medium-sized bowl, use a fork to beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well beaten; pour over onions.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and center is set. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
- We like to use Vidalia onions in this pie for an unbeatable sweet onion flavor!
- Want some great tips and tricks on slicing and dicing onions? Be sure to check out our How To Cut an Onion page!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 357
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 84 %
- Trans Fat 0.9g 0 %
- Protein 9.8g 20 %
- Cholesterol 192mg 64 %
- Sodium 826mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 4.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)