Cracker Onion Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Half dip, half side dish, our Cracker Onion Pie is a favorite no matter how you serve it! With a crispy cracker crust, and a cheesy onion filling, you can bet that this pie won't be left untouched!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup melted butter. Press into bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in remaining 1/4 cup butter 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Carefully pour onion mixture into crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well beaten; slowly pour over onions. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and center is set. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
Check This Out!
- We like to use Vidalia onions in this pie for an unbeatable sweet onion flavor!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grand kids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!