Half Sour Dill Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 1/2 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You don't have to go to a deli to get some crunchy, juicy pickles! With just 5 ingredients, you've got everything you need to make our authentic Half Sour Dill Pickles. They make for a simple and satisfying snack.
What You'll Need
- 18 Kirby or other small cucumbers (about 2 pounds total)
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
What to Do
- In a large jar or glass bowl, combine cucumbers, garlic, and dill; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil. Pour mixture over cucumbers.
- Allow to cool completely, then cover and chill overnight before serving. Keep extras refrigerated.
- Remember, don't throw the pickling juices away when the pickles are gone. Just add more cucumbers.
- And for another tasty pickle variation, try our Southern Fried Pickles!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.