Half Sour Dill Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 1/2 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You don't have to go to a deli to get some crunchy, juicy pickles! With just 5 ingredients, you've got everything you need to make our authentic Half Sour Dill Pickles. They make for a simple and satisfying snack.
What You'll Need
- 18 Kirby or other small cucumbers (about 2 pounds total)
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
What to Do
- In a large jar or glass bowl, combine cucumbers, garlic, and dill; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil. Pour mixture over cucumbers.
- Allow to cool completely, then cover and chill overnight before serving. Keep extras refrigerated.
- Remember, don't throw the pickling juices away when the pickles are gone. Just add more cucumbers.
- And for another tasty pickle variation, try our Southern Fried Pickles!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .