My Favorite Tomato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's one of Mr. Food's favorite recipes? This simple Tomato Salad and homemade dressing that shouts "fresh from the garden." It's now our favorite, and we bet you'll be saying it's "My Favorite Tomato Salad" too.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes, chunked
- 1 large green bell pepper, chunked
- 2 to 3 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well with a whisk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and gently toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tomatoes are at their tastiest when eaten at room temperature. If you're assembling this salad in advance and refrigerating, just let it sit out on the counter for 30 minutes or so before serving.
- The best way to enjoy this down to the last drop? Some yummy bread for sopping up the dressing, of course!
We've got even more easy tomato recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Fresh Tomato Recipes: 20 Can't-Miss Recipes with Tomatoes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.