Sweet and Spicy Caramelized Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some like it sweet, some like it spicy but everyone is sure going to love our easy recipe for Sweet and Spicy Caramelized Onions. The secret to this tasty marriage of flavors is sweet brown sugar and fiery hot ground red pepper. As a tasty onion topping, it cant be beat.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, peeled and cut in half, then cut into thin slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot.
- Add onions and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt, red pepper, black pepper, and brown sugar; cook 2 to 3 more minutes.
Try these over one of our mouth-watering grilled steaks, creamy mashed potatoes, or just about anything!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.