Christmas Tree Brownie
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
While you're trimming the tree this year, why not dig into an edible brownie tree? After all, who doesn't like brownies?
What You'll Need:
- 1 (21.5-ounce) package brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 2 to 3 drops green food color
teaspoon mint extract
- 1 cup M & M's
- 1 junior-sized candy bar, unwrapped
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges. Spray foil with cooking spray.Spread brownie batter evenly into pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool brownies completely then freeze 30 minutes.
- Using foil, lift brownies from pan and place on cutting board. To cut a tree shape from brownies, start at center of 1 short side, and make 2 diagonal cuts to corners of opposite short sides, forming a triangular piece in the center.
- In a medium bowl, combine frosting, food color, and mint extract; mix well. Place 2 brownie side pieces together on a large serving tray to form a tree shape. Spread 1/3 cup frosting over top of tree shape. Stack with the whole tree shape, trimming if necessary to line up edges.
- Frost sides and top of brownie tree with remaining frosting. Place candy pieces decoratively over top of tree. Place candy bar at base of brownie tree to form a tree trunk.
Make it holiday festive by lining your serving platter with colored decorating sugar to make your cake sparkle.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES