Best Christmas Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 (3 dozen)
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This recipe was handed down to Mary Jane, from New Holstein, Wisconsin from her mother who originally received it from an elderly neighbor over 100 years ago! These are perfect to make with the kids, and decorate any way you want!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sour milk (see Note)
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin to roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out cookies and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden around edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Mr.Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To make sour milk, stir together 1 cup milk with either 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice. Let mixture sit 10 to 15 minutes. The milk should begin to curdle slightly. You now have sour milk for your baking needs!
- Once cool, decorate with your favorite icing.
- For more great Christmas cookie recipes, be sure to check out the rest of the cookies in our 2018 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more Christmas Cookies, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 124
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 3.3g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.5g 3 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 92mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 6.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.