Chicken Noodle Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Not only do those New York City delis make great sandwiches, but their soups are known to be pretty incredible, too, especially their chicken noodle soup. When we prepare it the same way they do, are we in for a real treat.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 3 ½-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 8 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until chicken easily falls off the bones.
- Remove chicken from the pot. Allow the chicken to cool slightly, then remove and discard the skin and bones and cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Return chicken to the pot, add the noodles, and cook over medium heat until heated through.
For chicken rice soup, add 2 cups cooked rice in place of the noodles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!