Parmesan Onion Board
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything! From this Healthy Slow Cooker Comfort Soup to the fill-ya-up goodness of our Irish Potato Soup, you can't go wrong! It's the perfect, fresh-from-the-oven solution for all your dipping, or dunking, needs!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced very thin
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; cook onion 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and golden.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a rolling pin, roll out dough to a 10- x 15-inch rectangle. With your fingertips, gently push dough up to the edges, forming a rim. If dough is sticky, dust it and your hands lightly with flour.
- Brush dough with egg then spread onion evenly over the top. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Remove to a cutting board, let cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Want more of your favorite onion flavor? Try our hearty French Onion Bake, our Creamy Onion Pie (It's a side dish, not a dessert!), or our appetizing French Onion Stuffed Mushrooms!
- For the best soup recipes around you've got to make our yummy Bistro Tomato Soup, our creamy Cheesy Mac and Chicken Soup, or, if you're in the mood for takeout, try our Wonton Egg Drop Soup!
- Make room for dessert! For a dessert the kids will love, try our Triple Chocolate Mess, plus, everyone will love our Banana Crunch Pie! But, if you're heading to a potluck, or having people over, we recommend our Blackberry Cobbler! "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!"
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 137
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 5.3g 11 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 249mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 1.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grand kids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!