Cheddar Cheese Football Spread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make the most of football season by serving our easy recipe for Cheddar Cheese Football Spread that'll have the gang cheering for YOU.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 3 to 4 scallions (green onions), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (6-3/4-ounce) jar whole roasted almonds
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, 2 chopped scallions, and dry mustard; mix until well combined. Spoon onto a serving plate and form into a football shape.
- Lightly press almonds into cheese mound, completely covering its surface (see photo).
- Cut remaining scallions to look like football laces and place between almonds (see photo). Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Serve with your favorite crackers or thin slices of French bread. Sure, you can shape this into a basketball or baseball -- or any ball at all.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.