Classic Clams Casino
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I've made preparing traditional clams casino even easier than ever. We open the clams by steaming them instead of shucking them raw. Yup, this is a simple shortcut for restaurant-style clams casino that the whole gang will enjoy, including the chef du jour.
What You'll Need
- 12 large clams, scrubbed
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3/4 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 slices bacon
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Fill a large soup pot with 1 inch of water and add the clams. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the clams open.
- Pull off and discard the top shell of each clam. In a food processor, combine the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Spoon the bread crumb mixture over the clams and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and heated through. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!