Classic Clams Casino
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I've made preparing traditional clams casino even easier than ever. We open the clams by steaming them instead of shucking them raw. Yup, this is a simple shortcut for restaurant-style clams casino that the whole gang will enjoy, including the chef du jour.
What You'll Need
- 12 large clams, scrubbed
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3/4 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 slices bacon
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Fill a large soup pot with 1 inch of water and add the clams. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the clams open.
- Pull off and discard the top shell of each clam. In a food processor, combine the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Spoon the bread crumb mixture over the clams and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and heated through. Serve immediately.