Corn Souffle Hush Puppies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 dozen
- 12 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
Bread or side? You decide! Made with corn souffle, these unique hush puppies can take the place of a side dish. Either way you serve 'em, serve 'em up hot and now!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen corn souffle
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Thaw corn souffle in microwave at MEDIUM (50 percent power) 6 to 7 minutes, stirring once.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine egg, milk, and 3 tablespoons oil; stir into flour mixture. Fold in corn souffle.
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven to a depth of 2 inches; heat to 370 degrees. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry 3 to 5 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 718
- Calories from Fat 1,094
- Total Fat 122g 187 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 73 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 19g 37 %
- Cholesterol 164mg 55 %
- Sodium 1,308mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 100g 33 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.4g 30 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Quick! - Check the pantry and the fridge and grab whatever you've got on hand, 'cause you're going to need it to make a throw-together Garbage Pasta Salad that's potluck-worthy! This is one easy pasta salad that won't ever make it to the garbage.