We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hummus is typically served as a dip with wedges of pita bread or as a sandwich spread. It gets its distinctive flavor from tahini (sesame seed paste). Look for tahini in larger supermarkets or in Middle Eastern food stores.
What You'll Need
- 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), undrained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tahini (see Note)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
What to Do
- Drain chickpeas, reserving 1/4 cup liquid; set aside.
- Process garlic in a food processor until minced. Add chickpeas, reserved 1/4 cup liquid, the tahini, and lemon juice; process 3 minutes or until smooth, scraping down sides occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill.
- Serve with pita bread, pita chips, or fresh vegetables.