We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hummus, once found only in Middle Eastern restaurants, has become mainstream. Restaurants serve it with pita chips, and commercial brands are available in the supermarket, but this garbanzo bean dip is easier than ever to make at home.
What You'll Need
- 2 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained, with 1/3 cup liquid reserved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
What to Do
- Combine all the ingredients, except chives, in a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy and no lumps remain, scraping down the sides of the container as needed. Stir in chives.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes about 2 cups.
You can make this truly Middle Eastern by adding a bit of tahini (sesame seed paste). And why not serve it with pita crisps? They're a snap to make by cutting pita bread into wedges and baking on a baking sheet in a 350 degree F. oven until crisp.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.