Mediterranean Spinach Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The perfect nibble before dinner, or maybe for a snack all by itself - 'cause the only thing you'll crave to go with these tastes of the Mediterranean is a cruise around the Greek islands!
What You'll Need
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 envelope (from a 2-ounce box) onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs, each slightly beaten in its own dish
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (from a 17¼-ounce package), slightly thawed
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Place the drained spinach in a medium-sized bowl. Add the onion soup mix, feta cheese, and 1 egg; mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry sheet into a 10" x 12" rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise and spread half the spinach mixture lengthwise along the center of each dough half.
- Using a pastry brush or paper towel, moisten the edges of the pastry dough with some of the remaining beaten egg. Evenly fold the dough lengthwise over the spinach. Seal the edges of the dough tightly by pressing the seams together with the tines of a fork. Brush the tops of both spinach rolls with beaten egg.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the dough is puffed and golden brown. Cool slightly before cutting into 11/2-inch slices.
Make sure to bake these until the dough is golden brown because if they're underbaked, the pastry won't be nice and flaky.