Mexican Chicken Bruschetta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love cross-cultural dishes. They're always so rich and flavorful...and yes, usually high in fat. Well, we've found a way to lighten this one up a bit without sacrificing flavor, simply by using a little less cheese than before.
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) loaf French or Italian bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 pounds total), cut into -inch chunks
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided (2 cups)
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the bread halves cut sides up on a rimmed baking sheet and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until light golden; leave the broiler on.
- Remove the bread from the broiler and top each bread half with 1/4 cup cheese. Place the chicken chunks over the cheese. Top each bread half with 1 cup salsa. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese evenly over the salsa. Broil for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the toppings are hot. Cut into diagonal slices and serve immediately.
Makes 14 to 16 slices.
When you make chicken breasts, cook extra so you've got the chicken to make this. They can be boiled, broiled, baked, grilled. And what a great way to use up French or Italian bread that's getting stale.