Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your taste buds to the tropics with this restaurant-worthy crispy, sweet coating sure to satisfy your crunch cravings!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, sugar, ground red pepper, and salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and water. Place coconut in another shallow dish.
- Coat shrimp in flour mixture then dip in egg mixture. Roll in coconut, pressing it firmly onto both sides of the shrimp to coat completely.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook shrimp in batches for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until golden, turning once during cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Don't Go Nuts Opening Your Coconut
Did you know…An easy way to break open a coconut is with a clean screwdriver? Just punch holes in the coconut's three eyes, drain the liquid, bang the coconut with a hammer, and voila! Fresh coconut!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.