We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tempura is a fried Japanese favorite that can be re-created in your own home. It's fast and so tasty!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, plus additional for dusting
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups cold water
- Assorted vegetable, meat and/or seafood chunks (see Options)
- Vegetable oil for frying
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup cornstarch, the baking powder, sugar, salt, and peppers; mix well. Add the cold water. Cover loosely and let mixture stand for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1 inch of oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Lightly dust your favorite vegetable, meat and/or seafood chunks with cornstarch then dip in the batter. Gently place in the hot oil and cook until golden, turning if necessary. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter and continue with additional items.
Use broccoli and cauliflower florets, whole medium-sized mushrooms, carrot and zucchini slices, or chunks of chicken and shrimp – whatever your favorites are!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!