Tex Mex Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tex-Mex Dip is one of Mr. Food's all-time favorite crowd-pleasing dips. It's a south of the border classic packed with zesty flavors and textures that make it an all-American hit.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (9-ounce) cans bean dip
- 3 ripe avocados, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions (green onions), finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
What To Do:
- Spread bean dip on a large serving tray (about a 12-inch round).
- In a large bowl, combine avocados, mayonnaise, and lemon juice; spread over bean dip.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and taco seasoning mix; spread over first two layers. Sprinkle with cheese then scallions then tomato. Cover loosely and refrigerate overnight to "marry" the flavors.
Put this out with tortilla chips and stand back!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!