Tex Mex Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tex-Mex Dip is one of Mr. Food's all-time favorite crowd-pleasing dips. It's a south of the border classic packed with zesty flavors and textures that make it an all-American hit.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (9-ounce) cans bean dip
- 3 ripe avocados, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions (green onions), finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
What To Do:
- Spread bean dip on a large serving tray (about a 12-inch round).
- In a large bowl, combine avocados, mayonnaise, and lemon juice; spread over bean dip.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and taco seasoning mix; spread over first two layers. Sprinkle with cheese then scallions then tomato. Cover loosely and refrigerate overnight to "marry" the flavors.
Put this out with tortilla chips and stand back!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Between the freshness of the lemon, the snap of the asparagus, and the richness from the butter, it's hard to say what you'll love best about our Lemon Chive Asparagus. This healthy and elegant side dish is a must-make - especially in the spring!