Tex Mex Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tex-Mex Dip is one of Mr. Food's all-time favorite crowd-pleasing dips. It's a south of the border classic packed with zesty flavors and textures that make it an all-American hit.
What You'll Need
- 2 (9-ounce) cans bean dip
- 3 ripe avocados, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions (green onions), finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
What to Do
- Spread bean dip on a large serving tray (about a 12-inch round).
- In a large bowl, combine avocados, mayonnaise, and lemon juice; spread over bean dip.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and taco seasoning mix; spread over first two layers. Sprinkle with cheese then scallions then tomato. Cover loosely and refrigerate overnight to "marry" the flavors.
Put this out with tortilla chips and stand back!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!