Cocoa Cranberry Crispy Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 Dozen
- 7 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
Looking for an easy-to-make midnight snack? This microwaveable dessert is a quick 'n' easy solution to those late night munchies - no oven required! Just melt the marshmallows in the microwave and combine the rest of the ingredients together, and you're done! They make the perfect kid-friendly snack too so it's fun for all ages.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chocolate-flavored oven-toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Nonstick cooking spray
What to Do
- Combine marshmallows and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes. Stir well; microwave 1 more minute.
- Combine cereal, cranberries, and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until combined.
- Press cereal mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cool completely; cut into bars.
Coat your spoon with nonstick cooking spray before stirring the cereal into the marshmallow mixture. It'll keep the cereal from sticking to the spoon.