We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If autumn gets you thinking about spice cakes and cookies like Momma and Grandma used to make, you're gonna love our Spice Bars. These combine that old-fashioned taste with the easiness of today. And wait 'til you smell 'em baking!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, granulated sugar, and honey. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add egg and pecans; mix well. Press mixture into an ungreased 10- x 15-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make glaze, beat together remaining ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the top of the warm spice bars, cut into squares, and serve warm.
- This Spice Bar recipe is part of our 2016 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?