Summer Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of summer's most popular vegetables is the star in our recipe for Summer Stuffed Peppers. We stuff these fresh and colorful beauties with a saucy meat mixture to make 'em the perfect, flavor-packed, summer dish! Once you learn how to make stuffed peppers this yummy, you're sure to have a brand new, go-to summer dish. Serve this healthy summer dish as an appetizer or make a bunch for an quick entree.
What You'll Need
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 bell peppers, washed, tops removed, and seeded
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove 1 cup of mixture to a large bowl and add to it ground beef, rice, and onion; mix well.
- Stuff each bell pepper with an equal amount of the meat mixture. Place 2 cups tomato sauce mixture in soup pot and place peppers upright in sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over peppers.
- Cover and cook over low heat 55 to 60 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef and rice is tender.
- Since these are a meal in itself, you might just want to add dessert! Keep it cool and simple with our Cookies 'n' Cream Parfaits!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 312
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 19g 38 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 1,163mg 48 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 6.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.