Homestyle Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This classic all-American favorite tastes so much better when made with your own fresh ingredients. Our Homestyle Sloppy Joes are sink-your-teeth into 'em good!
What You'll Need
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sandwich rolls or hamburger buns, split, buttered, and toasted
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper 7 to 9 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef; drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients except sandwich rolls; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve sandwich-style spooned into buns.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- For extra zing, add 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce. It's lip-tingling and delicious!
- Do you love old-fashioned, cafeteria-style recipes like this sloppy joe recipe? Then you've got to check out our collection of Cafeteria-Inspired Recipes!
- And if you're looking for another comfort food favorite, be sure to check out our recipe for Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.