Homestyle Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This classic all-American favorite tastes so much better when made with your own fresh ingredients. Our Homestyle Sloppy Joes are sink-your-teeth into 'em good!
What You'll Need
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sandwich rolls or hamburger buns, split, buttered, and toasted
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper 7 to 9 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef; drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients except sandwich rolls; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve sandwich-style spooned into buns.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- For extra zing, add 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce. It's lip-tingling and delicious!
- Do you love old-fashioned, cafeteria-style recipes like this sloppy joe recipe? Then you've got to check out our collection of Cafeteria-Inspired Recipes!
- And if you're looking for another comfort food favorite, be sure to check out our recipe for Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!