We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I bet these make you feel like dancing the hula. Go ahead! And no, you won't need a grass skirt!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained and ½ cup juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium-sized green bell peppers, each cut into 16 pieces
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 metal or bamboo skewers
What to Do
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, the reserved pineapple juice, the marmalade, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce; mix well and set aside.
- Alternately thread each skewer with 4 pieces each of bell pepper, steak, and pineapple. Lay the skewers 1 inch apart on a broiler pan or rimmed cookie sheet that has been covered with aluminum foil that has been coated with cooking spray. Generously baste all sides of the kebabs with the sauce.
- Broil for 14 to 16 minutes or until the steak is cooked to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking.
For a more complete meal, serve over hot cooked rice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.