Sauerbraten with Ginger Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our take on this traditional German pot roast uses tender cubed steak that's covered in a flavorful ginger gravy. It's a tasty comfort food you'll wanna eat over and over again.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 (1 to 1 pounds total) beef cubed steaks
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar brown gravy
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the cubed steaks, onion, salt, and pepper and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the steaks are browned on both sides.
- Stir in the gravy, vinegar, water, cookie crumbs, and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the steak is tender.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until well blended and heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 401
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 27g 54 %
- Cholesterol 121mg 40 %
- Sodium 520mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 7.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!