Italian Pesto Shish Kebab
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A work of art without a lot of work! That pesto sauce that you thought you'd use only on pasta is going to make the difference between dull and daring on these veggie and beef kebabs. It's the taste of the unexpected that gets 'em every time!
What You'll Need
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian dressing
- 1 container (7 ounces) prepared pesto
- 2 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 24 chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 metal or wooden skewers
What to Do
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian dressing and pesto.
- Alternately thread each skewer with a chunk of beef then a piece of red pepper, a potato, a chunk of zucchini, a beef chunk, a piece of red pepper, an onion wedge, a chunk of zucchini, and another beef chunk. Place the skewers in a 9" x 13" baking dish and pour the pesto mixture over them. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the skewers on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, then turn and baste with the remaining marinade. Broil for 6 to 8 more minutes, or until the beef is cooked to the desired doneness. Discard the remaining marinade.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!