Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You control the spice in this delicious take on a classic dinner favorite. Rachael Ray shares her secret for making Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes perfect for your taste buds!
What You'll Need:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 burger rolls, toasted
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to cool, then crumble.
- Add beef, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned. Stir in onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine beer, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Pour mixture into skillet, add bacon, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon the sloppy joe mixture on to rolls and serve.
Top sloppy joes with corn chips, pickled jalapeno rings, and sweet red pepper relish for that authentic Tex-Mex flavor!
- We topped off this delicious meal with our Quick Tres Leches for an extra Ole!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- Dad's Beer Marinated Steak
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Old Fashioned Beef Pot Roast
- Better-Than-Ever Meatloaf