Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You control the spice in this delicious take on a classic dinner favorite. Rachael Ray shares her secret for making Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes perfect for your taste buds!
What You'll Need
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 burger rolls, toasted
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to cool, then crumble.
- Add beef, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned. Stir in onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine beer, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Pour mixture into skillet, add bacon, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon the sloppy joe mixture on to rolls and serve.
Top sloppy joes with corn chips, pickled jalapeno rings, and sweet red pepper relish for that authentic Tex-Mex flavor!
- We topped off this delicious meal with our Quick Tres Leches for an extra Ole!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!