Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You control the spice in this delicious take on a classic dinner favorite. Rachael Ray shares her secret for making Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes perfect for your taste buds!
What You'll Need:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 burger rolls, toasted
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to cool, then crumble.
- Add beef, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned. Stir in onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine beer, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Pour mixture into skillet, add bacon, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon the sloppy joe mixture on to rolls and serve.
Top sloppy joes with corn chips, pickled jalapeno rings, and sweet red pepper relish for that authentic Tex-Mex flavor!
- We topped off this delicious meal with our Quick Tres Leches for an extra Ole!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!