Old Fashioned Roast Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing beats Old Fashioned Roast Beef the way mama used to make it! With our roast beef recipe you can bet there'll be lots of good eatin'. Just remember to let it rest, slice it thinly across the grain, and finish it off with the pan drippings - that's what makes it absolutely perfect.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4-pound) beef bottom round roast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place roasting rack in large roasting pan and coat with cooking spray. Place roast on rack, fat side up.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Rub spice mixture over entire roast, covering completely.
- Roast 30 minutes. Reduce oven to 300 degrees and continue roasting beef 70 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 135 degrees for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
To make a tasty sauce for your roast beef, just add 1 cup beef broth to roasting pan and heat over high heat, scraping the bottom to loosen any brown bits.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.