Orange Beef Lettuce Wraps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lettuce wraps are the rage at Asian restaurants, and our recipe for easy Orange Beef Lettuce Wraps can be on your table for a fraction of the restaurant price, with all the East meets West flavor.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut lengthwise in half then crosswise into 1/8-inch strips
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (green onions)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (see Note)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine beef strips and 2 teaspoons cornstarch, toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch; mix well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef strips and cook 1 to 2 minutes, just until beef is no longer pink. Do not overcook.
- Add orange juice mixture, carrots, scallions, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Spoon beef mixture into lettuce leaves and serve.
Simply remove the outer leaves from a head of iceberg lettuce, rinse the head under cold running water, core it, then soak it in a large bowl of ice water for a couple hours in the fridge to crisp up enough to hold the beef mixture.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- Dad's Beer Marinated Steak
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Old Fashioned Beef Pot Roast
- Better-Than-Ever Meatloaf