Old-Fashioned Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 6 stuffed pepper halves
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
We like to call these Old-Fashioned Stuffed Peppers. That's because these taste just like the way that Mom used to make 'em. It's a hearty and beefy dinner recipe that you'll want to keep forever.
What You'll Need
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large bell peppers, washed, tops removed, sliced in half, and seeded
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce on bottom of 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, the water, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well.
- Stuff each bell pepper half with an equal amount of meat mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over stuffed peppers.
- Cover and cook 40 to 45 minutes, or until no pink remains in meat and rice is tender. Remove from oven, uncover, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Spoon sauce over peppers, and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 450
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 9.3g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 77mg 26 %
- Sodium 1,103mg 46 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 8.2g 0 %