Quick Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll have no beef with this one, 'cause all the pressure is in the pot (and not on you)! Try our recipe for Quick Beef Stew for a fast and hearty helping of down-home, good flavor.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast or steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into quarters
- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
What To Do:
In a 6-quart pressure cooker, heat oil over high heat. Add beef, salt, and pepper, and brown, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pressure cooker from heat. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, broth, and 1 cup water. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to drop slowly until steam no longer escapes from vent pipe and pressure is completely reduced.
In a small bowl, combine remaining water, the flour, and browning and seasoning sauce.
Remove lid from pressure cooker and stir flour mixture into stew, cooking over medium heat, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- Dad's Beer Marinated Steak
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Old Fashioned Beef Pot Roast
- Better-Than-Ever Meatloaf