Simmerin' Swiss Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cooked to tender-as-can-be perfection and swimming in a flavorful tomato sauce, Simmerin' Swiss Steak is a dinner recipe that you'll love. It's our version of a family-favorite!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds beef cubed steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
What to Do
- Season the cube steaks with the salt and pepper. Dip the steaks in the flour, coating completely.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the steaks and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Remove the steaks to a platter and cook the remaining steaks. Return the steaks to the skillet and add the remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and the meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with the sauce from the pan.
Serve with Special Spaetzle or just boil up a batch of ready-made wide noodles.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 490
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 24g 37 %
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 41g 82 %
- Cholesterol 117mg 39 %
- Sodium 722mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!