Smothered Beef and Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Smother your tastebuds in flavor when you cook up this beef recipe. Our Smothered Beef and Peppers recipe is packed with bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms, giving the whole gang a chance to celebrate!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons browning-and-seasoning sauce (optional)
- Hot cooked rice
What to Do
- Cook first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet, stirring constantly, until tender; remove vegetables from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Brown steak in reserved drippings, stirring often. Combine soup, water, and wine; pour over steak. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir salt and pepper into mushroom mixture; spoon over steak. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until steak is tender, stirring occasionally; stir in browning-and-seasoning sauce, if desired. Serve over rice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't have to wait for an invitation to enjoy this bean soup! Inspired by the one that's been served at the Senate Dining Room since the early 20th century, our U.S. Senate Bean Soup is a true winner. Between the rich broth, the chunks of smoky ham, and the tender-cooked beans, it's hard to choose what we love best about it!