Stuffed Cabbage Bundles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These little bundles are perfect for combining yesterday's flavors with today's shortcuts! Make 'em the night before, and you'll look forward to that home-cooked taste all day long!
What You'll Need
- 1 head cabbage, cored
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
What to Do
- In a large pot, combine head of cabbage, water, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Allow to boil for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, green pepper, onion, bread crumbs, chili sauce, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper; mix well.
- Carefully remove 12 to 18 cabbage leaves, depending on size; reserve remaining cabbage for another use. Divide ground beef mixture equally over center of each cabbage leaf. Using your hands and starting at core end, make rolls about 1 x 2-1/2 inches, folding over sides and rolling loosely. Place rolls seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine gravy, sour cream, and brown sugar; mix well. Pour gravy mixture evenly over cabbage rolls. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake 10 to 15 more minutes, or until beef is no longer pink and cabbage is very tender. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 443
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 25g 51 %
- Cholesterol 90mg 30 %
- Sodium 774mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20 %
- Sugars 26g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!