Maple Citrus Watermelon Glazed Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Having special company or celebrating a special occasion? Then our Maple Citrus Watermelon Glazed Chicken will do you proud. Plump chicken breasts are bathed in a tangy Asian marinade before grilling and topping with a luscious easy to make Maple Citrus Watermelon sauce.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups watermelon puree
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic
What to Do
- Simmer watermelon puree, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, and cinnamon together in a heavy saucepan for 20 minutes or until sauce is thick; keep warm.
- Place the chicken in a large resealable bag with remaining ingredients and seal tightly. Allow to marinate at least 2 hours or up to 12.
- Grill until cooked through and no pink remains, and arrange on a warm platter. Pour the glaze over the chicken and serve.
Adapted from the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!