The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Taco Steak Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Our Taco Steak Salad is a fiesta in a bowl! The contrasts of the warm steak over the crisp greens drizzled with our zesty dressing are a treat for the taste buds. This one makes for a super main dish salad.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 beef flank steak (1 ½-pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What to Do
- Score steak on both sides by making diagonal cuts 1-1/2 inches apart. Rub taco seasoning evenly over entire surface of steak.
- In a large skillet or grill pan, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook steak 14 to 16 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking. Remove steak to a plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, on a large serving platter, arrange lettuce, tomato, kidney beans, and cheese in layers.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and sour cream; mix well and spoon over salad. Cut steak across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on top of salad. Serve immediately.
The spiciness of the dressing depends on the intensity of the salsa you use. If you want a really spicy dressing, use hot salsa. But if you don't want it too spicy, use a mild one.
And for the adults, how about really making it a party with a pitcher of our delicious, fruity sangria?
Mar 15, 2012
This was very good, my Daughter-in-law even liked it, I would make it again, I should say I WILL make it again, the taco seasoning gave the meat a nice taco flavor, along w/ the lettuce, tomato and salsa sour cream mix was a perfect combo, I did eliminate the beans. Thanks, Mr. Food
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Braised Mediterranean Beef
We know you're always looking for one pot dinner recipes that keep the menu fresh and fun. Well, our Braised Mediterranean Beef is a one-pot recipe full of comfort, flavor, and flair! It'll bring the family together around the table, and don't be surprised, when there's none left over! The combo of garlic, tomatoes, and red wine really add bold flavors that will make this a family-favorite!