Taco Steak Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Taco Steak Salad is a fiesta in a bowl! The contrasts of the warm steak over the crisp greens drizzled with our zesty dressing are a treat for the taste buds. This one makes for a super main dish salad.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 beef flank steak (1 ½-pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What to Do
- Score steak on both sides by making diagonal cuts 1-1/2 inches apart. Rub taco seasoning evenly over entire surface of steak.
- In a large skillet or grill pan, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook steak 14 to 16 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking. Remove steak to a plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, on a large serving platter, arrange lettuce, tomato, kidney beans, and cheese in layers.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and sour cream; mix well and spoon over salad. Cut steak across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on top of salad. Serve immediately.
The spiciness of the dressing depends on the intensity of the salsa you use. If you want a really spicy dressing, use hot salsa. But if you don't want it too spicy, use a mild one.
And for the adults, how about really making it a party with a pitcher of our delicious, fruity sangria?
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The glaze in this flavor-packed pork dish is made with an ingredient you may have never tried before. This ingredient adds a slightly salty, Asian flair to dishes and is great for cooking with, as well as dipping into. You'll have to try our recipe for Skillet Glazed Pork to see for yourself!