Taco Steak Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Taco Steak Salad is a fiesta in a bowl! The contrasts of the warm steak over the crisp greens drizzled with our zesty dressing are a treat for the taste buds. This one makes for a super main dish salad.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 beef flank steak (1 ½-pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What to Do
- Score steak on both sides by making diagonal cuts 1-1/2 inches apart. Rub taco seasoning evenly over entire surface of steak.
- In a large skillet or grill pan, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook steak 14 to 16 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking. Remove steak to a plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, on a large serving platter, arrange lettuce, tomato, kidney beans, and cheese in layers.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and sour cream; mix well and spoon over salad. Cut steak across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on top of salad. Serve immediately.
The spiciness of the dressing depends on the intensity of the salsa you use. If you want a really spicy dressing, use hot salsa. But if you don't want it too spicy, use a mild one.
And for the adults, how about really making it a party with a pitcher of our delicious, fruity sangria?
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.