We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever order filet mignon at a restaurant and wonder how they made it so tender and flavorful? There really is no secret - it's all in the cut of meat. With the tenderloin cut we're guaranteed that every forkful will be restaurant quality. And at home we don't have to tip the server!
What You'll Need
- 1 (2 to 2-1/2 pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the tenderloin on the baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and rub over the tenderloin.
- Cook 35 to 40 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove the tenderloin to a cutting board and slice across the grain into 1/2-inch slices.
Serve with a quick Bearnaise Sauce made by combining 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1-1/2 teaspoons ground dried tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley. Simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat 2 minutes. Place in a small bowl and blend in 1 cup mayonnaise until smooth.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.