Weeknight Surf 'n' Turf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a fun, weeknight twist on surf 'n' turf that's easy to make! Our recipe for Weeknight Surf 'n' Turf consists of perfectly seasoned strip steak paired with large sea scallops, cooked in plenty of butter. To make this dish look even more restaurant-special, we finish it off with a buttery crumb topping. It's lip-smackin' good!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10- to 12-ounce) strip steak
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted clarified butter, divided (see Note)
- 12 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Evenly sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the garlic powder.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon clarified butter; cook steak 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Remove steak to a board and let rest.
- Wipe out skillet. Over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons clarified butter. Sprinkle scallops with remaining salt and pepper and saute 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and firm in center.
- Slice steak into 12 strips and evenly divide on plates. Place a scallop on each steak slice.
- Stir bread crumbs and parsley in skillet, then sprinkle mixture over scallops and serve immediately.
- Drizzle scallops with lemon juice for that extra fresh taste.
- We tested this recipe using Grassland Clarified Butter, which has 99.9% butterfat. That means it has a longer shelf life and it's better for searing meats and veggies. For more great recipes using clarified butter, visit www.grassland.com.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 344
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 24g 37 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 61 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 24g 48 %
- Cholesterol 106mg 35 %
- Sodium 814mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 7.9g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 0.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This spring salad recipe is gonna make 'em drop their jaws; it's just that cute! By stuffing jumbo-sized pasta shells with a delicious homemade antipasto we've made Antipasto Stuffed Shells worthy of being served at every picnic, potluck, and family get-together.