Candy Cane Bread Sticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These whimsical Candy Cane Bread Sticks will shape up to be the hit of your winter holidays. Fill your bread basket with our twist on homemade bread sticks for tasty raves.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (see Notes)
What to Do
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Unroll pizza dough on a flat surface.
In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic powder, and salt; mix well then brush over dough. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cut crosswise into eighteen 1/2-inch strips then make one cut lengthwise, cutting all strips in half. Twist each strip into a swirled pattern then form into a candy cane shape and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden around edges.
These can also be topped with dried onion flakes or any favorite seasonings.
To make these even more special, serve with some of our flavored butters, like Lemon Dill, Vanilla Nut, Pina Colada, Kick-It-Up Ranch, and Mama Mia. Mmmm!
- To pick up a copy of my beautiful and easy-to-use Christmas Made Easy cookbook, click here.