We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say goodbye to store-bought croutons and hello to lots of homemade crunch and flavor! These Crispy Croutons are sure to add that extra special something to your salads. And we love how versatile this recipe is! Use your favorite bread and your special brand of seasoning to make a homemade crouton that's all your own.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 loaf French bread (see options)
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place bread chunks in a medium bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly toss bread chunks with butter mixture and place on a large rimmed baking sheet; bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Let cool then store in an airtight container until ready to use.
So Many Options!
- You can use any type of bread, from white to rye with or without seeds, to make these Crispy Croutons. Also, if you'd prefer, you can use 4 tablespoons olive oil in place of the butter which cuts down on the calories a bit. Plus, to make these cheesy, just add 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese along with the other seasonings, and reduce the salt to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Use these homemade croutons to top our Zesty Flank Steak Salad, our Italian BLT Bread Salad, or our Tossed Spinach Salad.
- To tie it all together, try one of our Easy Homemade Salad Dressings!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 27
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.6g 1 %
- Cholesterol 3.8mg 1 %
- Sodium 325mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 2.7g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 0.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our bakery-style Italian Cream Cake recipe may be a cake mix recipe, but it ends up with layer upon layer of a to-die-for from-scratch taste that'll make you feel like a star baker. You're gonna love how easy it is to make this Italian Cream Cake recipe!