Italian BLT Bread Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our BLT salad recipe combines America's love of bacon with a traditional taste of Italy. A lighter dish with just as much bold bacon flavor, our Italian BLT Bread Salad will be a fast favorite among the gang. An easy to prepare recipe with a quick cook time, this is a new twist on a classic BLT taste.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) Italian or French bread loaf, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup olive oil-and-balsamic vinegar dressing
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread chunks on a baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Combine mozzarella and dressing in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag; cover or seal, and chill 1 hour.
- Toss together bread, olives, next 4 ingredients, and mozzarella mixture. Let stand 20 minutes. Serve over lettuce, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Howard has some great advice on cooking bacon! These videos on How to: Fry Bacon, How to: Cook Bacon in the Oven, and How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave offer a variety methods to make sure you get the flavor you're looking for!
- If you're looking for more BLT options, check out these scrumptious BLT Rollups or delicious Dressed-Up BLT Sliders!
- Fun Fact!
- According to food historian John Mariani, the BLT is the second most popular sandwich in the United States!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This spring salad recipe is gonna make 'em drop their jaws; it's just that cute! By stuffing jumbo-sized pasta shells with a delicious homemade antipasto we've made Antipasto Stuffed Shells worthy of being served at every picnic, potluck, and family get-together.