Everyday Fruit Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At holiday time we feel like we have to have fruitcake, and we always have leftovers. Well, this fruit loaf is different...watch how fast it disappears!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, apricots, baking soda, sugar, and butter. Add the boiling water; mix well.
- Let cool, then add the eggs and flour. Mix by hand until moistened; the batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into a loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The finished loaf should be very moist.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a tried-and-true favorite with our recipe for Homestyle Buttermilk Cake. This cake will remind you of all the times grandma would call you to the table and have a large slice and a glass of milk waiting for you. It's such a classic!