The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Light and Flaky Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
These homemade biscuits taste even better than they look or smell! Our Light and Flaky Biscuits are just as great for breakfast with jam, as they are in a holiday bread basket.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Add milk and oil and stir just until a soft dough forms.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and use a rolling pin to roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2-1/2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut into round biscuits and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden. Serve warm.
To keep the biscuits light and fluffy, do not overmix the dough or over-handle it when rolling it out.
Jan 26, 2013
I made these light & flaky biscuits this morning and they were wonderful. They tasted like the ones my mother use to make when I was a child. Saturday, morning hot biscuits cooking in the kitchen. Wow! great recipe. DrHYCH20 B-) 26 Feb 2013
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.