Light and Flaky Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These homemade biscuits taste even better than they look or smell! Our Light and Flaky Biscuits are just as great for breakfast with jam, as they are in a holiday bread basket.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Add milk and oil and stir just until a soft dough forms.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and use a rolling pin to roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2-1/2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut into round biscuits and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden. Serve warm.
To keep the biscuits light and fluffy, do not overmix the dough or over-handle it when rolling it out.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!