Sesame Cheese Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bet you wouldn't think to put this combination of sesame seeds and cheese together. But, trust us, we wouldn't steer ya wrong... it'll become your new go-to recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 2 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- Combine biscuit baking mix and 1/2 cup cheese in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together onion, egg, and milk, blending well; pour into well of cheese mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and the sesame seeds; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
Substitute miniature (1-3/4-inch) muffin pans for regular pans, if desired. Just bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Makes 1-1/2 dozen mini muffins.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.