Sweet Potato Spoon Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Sweet Potato Spoon Bread is a holiday twist on an all-American classic, but it's so yummy and easy to make, you'll probably want to whip up this side dish throughout the year.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk and water; simmer over medium-low heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Add cornmeal, butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and baking powder until very light and fluffy. Stir in cornmeal mixture and sweet potatoes; mix well then spoon into baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until top is golden. Serve hot.
If you liked this sweet potato recipe, be sure to check out our recipe for Sweet Potato Pancakes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 241
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 3.3g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 8.0g 16 %
- Cholesterol 114mg 38 %
- Sodium 803mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These peanut butter muffins are worth a presidential seal of approval - they're that good! Our Presiential Peanut Muffins are crazy-moist and are topped with a nutty streusel mixture that makes them addictively-good. You won't want to pass up on these!