Apple Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort. Imagine taking this coffee cake warm out of the oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream or enjoying it as a morning treat. No matter which way you choose to serve this coffee cake recipe, your whole gang will love it. Talk about the perfect autumn recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, 1/4 cup butter, and the egg until well mixed and crumbly. Stir in apples, then spread batter into cake pan (mixture will be crumbly).
- In a small bowl, combine Topping ingredients; mix well and sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or allow to cool, then cover until ready to serve.
- Fresh apples are available year-round, but if you don't have any on hand you can always use canned apples. Just be sure to drain them well and cut them into 1/2-inch chunks.
- And if you're looking to prevent your apples from browning, we've got just the page!
- Love apple recipes? Try our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples for an extra special treat!
- When it comes to coffee cakes, we've got plenty! Check out our collection of 10 Coffee Cake Recipes You'll Celebrate.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 365
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 4.1g 8 %
- Cholesterol 46mg 15 %
- Sodium 294mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 57g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 37g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!